Saturday, February 16, 2008

American Idol 2008 - David Archuleta


He is only 16 years old. The youngest among final 24 contestants. Being the youngest, likeable and a great voice ! are reasons why David Archuleta should be the next American idol.

All the judges including Simon, likes him !


Info that I've got from the internet.
Hometown:
Salt Lake City, UT
Favorite Quote: "You'll never be lonely if you learn to befriend yourself."
Audition City: San Diego
Musical Influences: Natalie Cole, Stevie Wonder, Kirk Franklin, Bryan Adams.

Favorite male pop artists?
Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Bryan Adams, Kirk Franklin.
Favorite female pop artists?
Natasha Bedingfield, Natalie Cole, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey.
When did you first start to sing?
Around the age of 7, and really started performing in front of people at 10.
Do you have any formal singing training?
Yes, I've been taking lessons every now and then since I was 12.
What other talents do you have?
I've taken a little piano and have written a few songs.



My Comments
Last Thursday on Astro STAR World, I watched American Idol 2008 for the very first time. I have to say...I am impressed with the contestants in this season. All of them are talented and have great voices. What makes David Archuleta different than the others is his personality. I browse through the internet to find out more about him and surprised to find out that a website has been dedicated to him. He even have a few unofficial websites and few myspace accounts created in support for him.

He's such a joy to watch... I've had "Heaven" on repeat since Thursday night on YouTube, I'm absolutely addicted to it. I don't know why but he certainly have the X factor!

What you don't know about him is that he suffered from vocal chord paralysis as a child. But the crooner also won the Junior Singer Category of Star Search at the age of 12, causing some to wonder if he's overqualified for American Idol. Some also say, he will be getting lots of sympathy votes just because of his previous vocal conditions. For me, I don't see that he's having any problems. He is my pick to win American Idol 2008 !!


It is up to America now. For me, American Idol 2008 will be something to watch out for.



What do you guys think?

7 mulut cakap2 belakang:

Ali McB said...

masya-allah innocentnye muke yet sedapnye suara!

ray suke sbb die cute kan? kan? :P

ray eusouff said...

uik...
hahahhaha

ray eusouff said...

lupa lak...
ali u r my idol ok....
kekekkekeke

ps : nak request lagu boleh?

Ali McB said...

suaraku xsesedap mamat ni tp if u want boleh je :P

Anonymous said...

Cute-good looking boy with talent !!
complete package

yaty said...

chumeyl nye...
:)

~SYAMELIA~ said...

hels sooow cute, innocent looking n mighty talented... great voice... cair i jap...