Friday, October 26, 2007

DVD Review - The Shawshank Redemption -1994



I want to share with you an Absolutely Perfect Piece Of Art!! A film that captured my attention. I am a proud owner of an orginal DVD of this film.

The Shawshank Redemption is one of the most perfectly put together films that not only throughs you some dramatic turns, but is visually and emotionally inspiring. I haven't heard of one person turning this movie down...

For one thing, the acting was perfect. It was not overdone or overly-dramatic. Tim Robbins has a rare ability to act as if here were an innocent, condemned man himself who loved his wife, and seems to be "covered by an invisible coat that keeps this place from affecting him." However, Morgan Freeman actually kept the story moving. He has painted a perfect masterpiece and sets an emotional truth that coats you and draws you in with every word he narrates. He has a gift that I have only seen in actor, Robert Duvall, to completely immerse himself in his roles and "become" the character in the movie. His dialogue and his deep, hearty voice is truely amazing. Both Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman perform a duo with absolute precision.


I won't reveal any of the story. But I must say...it had the absolute PERFECT ending.
I believe this now to be one of my favorite movies, the number one movie about prison. Only one other film was able to rival this movie in 1994, which was Forrest Gump with Tom Hanks starring and Robert Zemeckis directing. The Academy Awards went to that film, which was highly deserved and I personally agree with that. But this film shall not be overlooked and given some credit too. This was truely an amazing film...


My Rating: A+ PERFECT!! ONE of my ALL TIME FAV.

1 mulut cakap2 belakang:

ajami said...

me likey!!! review A+ PERFECT!!!